Trip Insurance

Anytime you are not leased to a carrier, you need to get trip insurance. Let us help you find the best solution for you. Trip Insurance is available to TSA members who are not currently under lease to a motor carrier but need insurance on their equipment.


Trip Insurance is intended to provide Physical Damage Coverage on the tractor, protecting you - the owner operator - from potential loss, as well as satisfying the requirements of any potential lien-holders. Trip Insurance also provides a Non-Trucking Liability Policy, which would give temporary liability coverage to the owner operator to move the equipment from one point to another.

This is typically needed when purchasing a new truck, or taking your equipment to a new motor carrier to lease on and go to work. Once leased with the carrier, you also have the option to seamlessly convert the temporary trip policy to a permanent TSA policy.

Add Trip Insurance to your plan by speaking to a TSA Member Representative at (877) 968-8785 or by emailing



To learn more about how TSA can help YOUR company, contact 877.968.8785 or