Occupational Accident Insurance

As a 1099 paid Independent Contractor you aren’t eligible for Workers Compensation. What do you do if you are injured on the job? Occupational Accident Insurance helps cover the gap. TSA offers a variety of Occupational Accident plans with various benefit levels and pricing. 


Occupational Accident Insurance is a work injury protection plan designed to help 1099 paid, independent contractors in the event that they are injured in an on-the-job, trucking-related accident.  Again, this is not to be confused with Workers' Compensation Coverage. which is only available for W-2 paid employees.

Occupational Accident Insurance provides benefits up to the stated limits of the policy in the event of:

  • short and long-term disability
  • medical expenses
  • accidental death coverage

Occupational Accident Insurance would also provide disability income if you - the driver - are deemed unable to work. This disability income would be able to assist you with: 

  • truck payments
  • insurance
  • rent/mortgage payments
  • living expenses

Occupational Accident Coverage is a smart option to consider because owner operators do not qualify for Workers' Compensation benefits. Most motor carriers require their owner operators to carry an Occupational Accident Policy as a part of their owner operator lease agreement. 


Add Occupational Accident Insurance to your plan by speaking to a TSA Member Representative at (877) 968-8785 or by emailing Service@TSATruck.com.



To learn more about how TSA can help YOUR company, contact 877.968.8785 or service@tsatruck.com.